Wednesday 18 July 2007

Oh, The Pain - The Pain Of It All...

Today I lost my wallet, proving that even the most incredible of heroes (me) is fallible.

As a responsible citizen, I did the things you do, like retracing your steps and searching your pockets five times, before calling it and phoning the credit card people to cancel my Visa and Mastercard.

The bank was able to tell me there had been no traffic on my cards, and that replacements would be winging their way to me within days. I can get to Neptune and back 'within days' but wisely said nothing.

After a fruitless search of the area, I resigned myself to the fact that it was gone, along with my credit cards, ATM card, library card, health insurance card and spare ID card. And a stamp for local postage.

And a gift card for HMV I got for my birthday...

Then I got home, and found the damn wallet on my dining table.

Talk about embarrassed...

The thing is, I never forgot my wallet before.

It goes in the back pocket, on the left, while phone and favourite pen go on the right. You could say I'm almost anal about it.

So what's going on? Am I getting old? Am I under stress? Is there deadly Argonite in the vicinity?

Beats me. I'm going for stress, myself, if only so I can organise some sort of vacation (in a deadly Argonite-free environment) for a week or two. Titan sounds remote enough.

Back in a bit...

2 comments:

Becca said...

Wow that sucks. I have to admit though I've done simular things. At least you found your gift card!!

Captain Incredible said...

Becca, the week has indeed been fraught with stress - so much so that I missed your movie quotes quiz entirely this time around.

But as for the gift card, I was around to HMV like a shot to use it - which I did.

Anyway, breakfast over, off to work...

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...