Sunday 10 August 2008

It's Finally Happening...

After eleven years of dreading the next rainstorm, it's nearly over.

My builder is sending in his reinstatement crew tomorrow at 0900hrs (or 9 a.m., if you prefer) to repair the water damage in my bedroom and living room and redecorate both. The external problems have been fixed and yesterday's freakish monsoon (no kidding) failed to break through. I remain optimistic.

I've spent the last few days putting stuff in temporary storage and moving into my living room, where I'll spend the next few days working from home while the work goes ahead.

It's been a long time coming...

1 comment:

Arjan said...

I think I'm lucky there are 3 more appartments on top of mine..

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...