Monday 10 August 2009

Coming Shortly To A Cinema Near You...

...but perhaps much later to a cinema near me, is Whiteout, starring Kate Beckinsale, Gabriel Macht and Tom Skerritt and based on the graphic novel of the same name by Greg Rucka and Steve Lieber.

Here's a trailer:





A tale of murder, mystery and suspense in the frozen Antarctic wastes, if it's anything like the printed work it'll be a cracking movie.

One to which I've been looking forward for some time...

***Update***

Seems it's opening here on the 11th, so I don't have so long to wait after all. I just hope it doesn't go the way of The Spirit (which admittedly would be difficult) but there has been little if no advance word, and you know what that usually means...

2 comments:

PJ said...

Mmm, not sure. Maybe I'll check out the book first.

Spam word is "axings" - how apt.

Captain Incredible said...

Actually, when you read the book, you'll see just how apt it is :)

But the movie's been in development hell for a couple of years, so I hope the wait will have been worth it.

I'm a big fan of Greg Rucka's work - it'll be interesting to see how it translates to the screen...

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...