Thursday 21 August 2008

What I Thought Of Clone Wars...

Okay, let's try for positive:

The animated Anakin was less wooden than Hayden Christensen...

The minimal involvement of C-3PO made it almost worth the price of admission...

Christopher Lee and Samuel L. Jackson lent gravitas and cool, respectively...

No evidence of Jar-Jar...

Aside from that, what it lacked in story in made up for in animation. Okay, it was stylised, but I liked it - it was never going to be Pixar-quality, but it didn't suck.

Oh, hell - who'm I kidding?

Baby Hutts and annoying Padawans?

Could have been worse - there could have been singing...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I haven't seen it, only the ads. I didn't like the look of it.

Captain Incredible said...

It's really more for kids than for aficionados - lots of action, a new kid-friendly character, but the story needed work.

Other than that, it's 90 minutes out of the rain, which is what we've been having a lot of here lately...

Spin the Moon said...

Yeah, my nephew really wants to see it. I think he could really care less about story or plot. AH well. Kids today. In my day we had... well... Star Wars.

Captain Incredible said...

True, true...

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...