Tuesday 5 August 2008

Every Once In A While...

I like movie soundtracks.

I always have.

So today I picked up a copy (or so I thought) of the OST to The Dark Knight. When I got home and opened the (sealed) case I found not one, but two CDs.

"Strange," I thought, "I didn't know it was a 2-CD set."

Indeed there were no indications to that effect anywhere on the case. Thinking about it, I figured maybe one disk was by Hans Zimmer and the other by James Newton Howard - a clever (Two-Faced?) marketing ploy, perhaps?

But no - somehow I'd ended up with two copies of the same disk in one CD case!

Ahahahahahaaaa!!!

How cool is that?

What makes it more bizarre is I picked from the middle of the stack...

7 comments:

PJ said...

Very cool, now send me the extra one! lol

Captain Incredible said...

Bzzzt!!

Sorry, too late - my little brother beat you to it - but thank you for playing and remember to tune in next time for another exciting episode!

Take a breath, Bob, take a breath...

The Imaginary Reviewer said...

Hmm, I once bought an album that had all these stickers on the cover about having a 'bonus second disc' of early material by the band. When I opened it I found a single CD case with one CD in it. Thankfully, I had been a fan of the band since they formed and already owned all the material on the bonus CD, but I was still sad.

Captain Incredible said...

I would've been to Customer Services like a shot...

Was it actually The Band or just a band?

Just asking...

Becca said...

I would have put each CD in a different player for a super stereo effect! :)

I bought a record once and found that Side B was the side B of a completely different album by a completely different artist. I've never been able to figure out who it is but it's an amusing part of my record collection.

Captain Incredible said...

Becca - That'd make a good quiz - if you could get a sample of some of the tracks to post.

Or you could award a prize for the most imaginative guess, like 'Pat Boone and Lemmy - Together Again', etc.

I'm going back to my unpacking now...

Therin of Andor said...

What I hate is opening the shrinkwrapped CD case, only to find a collection of little transparent plastic teeth scattered throughout, that have obviously detached from the hole in the middle when the person or machine at the factory added the disk.

A New Chapter...

 In Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, Dr. McCoy describes himself as having been, "...for the past 27 years, Chief Medical Office...